Friday, January 14, 2011

H-E-B - 100% APPROVED


Founded by Howard E. Butt, this grocery store truly packs a punch. Now that I'm unemployed and living in suburbia, I have the opportunity to visit this fine establishment on a daily basis.

I live closest to an H-E-B Plus, which is without a doubt the crem-della-crem of supermarket grocery chains. Upon arrival two days ago I bought the Sonic Youth disc "Goo," various shaving supplies, and some other-worldly chicken cordon bleu (along with a chunk of stellar macaroni and cheese).

As stated earlier today, I was at a traditional location of this grocer this morning and had a memorable experience. Later today I returned to H-E-B plus and purchased an extensive grocery list that included an atrociously large bag of dog food, several packages of assorted sushi, and two cartons of soy milk.

The most outstanding perk of this location is that there are sample stations open everyday of the week. As opposed to a circus-like college town, suburban H-E-B locations cater to the more wealthy, and possibly the more wise. I don't fall into either category but I've been trying to make the sample rounds at least once a day. As long as I can keep the sample station server convo to a minimum, i'll be gettin' by...

No comments:

Post a Comment